Comfortable chairs for the kitchen: how to make the right choice
The kitchen in every house is a whole world. Meetings of friends, family meals are held here. A comfortable kitchen environment is very important. At the same time, the interior should delight the owners and create a beautiful picture. You also need to find furniture that will not break after a couple of years of exploitation. Thus, a seemingly simple thing sometimes turns into a complex task.
- Stools. They do not have a back and armrests. Therefore they are not the most comfortable option. But they are easy to hide under the table or in the pantry. Stools are very helpful in a small kitchen.
- Classic chairs. These are comfortable products with back support, sometimes handles are added. They come in all kinds of sizes and shapes. Therefore, you can choose the right furniture for both a tiny room and a large dining room.
- Bar stools. They are needed for those who have a bar at home. They are characterized by increased height, sometimes one leg is used as a support. In addition, they can often rotate around their axis.
- Soft comfortable chairs. They are improved modification of classic chairs. They are distinguished by a high degree of comfort, which is ensured by anatomical shape, soft filler and armrests. They are good in spacious rooms only, since they take up a lot of space.
The depth and height should be such that your feet are on the floor at a 90 degree angle when you sit and must be 5-6 cm of free space between the back of the knees and the seat. This is necessary so that the blood circulates freely and does not constrict. The optimal depth is 40–45 cm.
The seats can be hard or soft. Each of the options has its own advantages and disadvantages:
- Hard seat. It is not very comfortable, because it does not contain filler. But they are durable and are generally easy to care for them. It is the most practical type for a home with animals and children.
- Soft seat. It is a very comfortable seat. But their lifespan is shorter than that of hard chairs.
The backrest is needed to relax the spine. Estimate the height and angle of chair back while choosing. The backrest should preferably have a slope of about 108 degrees. There are models with adjustable parameters. They are the most comfortable.